Materialize. Customize. Simulate.
Ondulus IR gives simulations and training scenarios a critical component: physics-based infrared sensors.
By adding real-time, high-quality materials-based infrared sensors and sensor views to a simulation environment, you can truly approach the immersion and realism needed for mission training.
Ondulus IR dynamically takes into account radiation loading, cooling, conduction, convection & evaporation. Computation is available for any time of day, any time of year, under any atmospheric conditions and at any location on the planet and takes into account the energy exchanged between the sun and different materials.
In addition, complex composite and layered materials are supported. For example, ground surfaces (e.g.: concrete) and sub-layers (e.g.: sand) can be defined for terrains, building materials (walls, insulation, fiberboard), vegetation and water surfaces (ocean, lake, river).
Part of the Presagis M&S Suite, Ondulus IR is designed to reduce costly integration time and streamline the development process. Additionally, Ondulus IR can easily be mounted on virtual vehicles, ships, aircraft, helicopters, or UAVs.
Built on a modular, open architecture, simulation developers can easily replace default data with their own or even write their own GPU shaders.
In addition, complex composite materials are supported. For example, ground surfaces (e.g.: concrete) and sub-layers (e.g.: sand) can be defined for terrains, building materials (walls, insulation, fiberboard), and water (ocean, lake, river).
How can Ondulus IR benefit you?
- Real-time and Physics-based: Radiation, cooling, and other calculations are built-in, realistic, and accurate, and do not need to be “faked” or interpolated.
- Eliminate Negative Training: Complex and composite materials are supported to further increase the realism of sensor views.
- Fully Customizable: Open architecture allows users to customize sensors to meet their specific requirements.
- Supports OGC CDB Format: To maximize reusability interoperability, Ondulus IR supports OGC CDB.
- Wide Export Capabilities: Developed in Canada, Ondulus IR is a product that can be integrated in any solution, allowing it to be deployed and supported almost anywhere in the world.