VAPS, a precursor to VAPS XT, is designed for the development of dynamic interactive real-time graphical HMIs for complex applications, including the displays and controls found in the cockpit of an aircraft as well as in automobile instrumentation.
This industry-leading integrated development environment allows you to:
- define the look and feel of HMIs by drawing or importing graphics (supports both vector and raster based graphics),
- connect data to graphics,
- define interactive state-based logic,
- manipulate graphics using a comprehensive library of C-functions called Action Routines,
- connect VAPS applications to other external applications using a built-in communication library,
- perform rapid iterative testing of HMI applications.
The legendary VAPS code generation module for creating embedded executables in a wide variety of target platforms.
- Automatic code generation of ANSI-C code for application graphics, behavior, logic
- Creation of makefile
- Automatic compilation and linking of makefile, sample main program, VAPS libraries and generated application code to produce a stand-alone and portable executable application
- Portability ANSI-C code may be recompiled with target-specific libraries on workstations and embedded targets
- Generated code is consistent, debugged and commented with optimization and customization.
- Reduced generated code size
- Reduced frame loading time
- Reduced runtime transformations and increased drawing speed.