Unleashing Your Data. One Mission at a Time.
Conventional, manual approaches to fusing geo-located data are inefficient, costly and incapable of scaling to the levels demanded in building today’s complex virtual environments. New data collection platforms, emerging types of data, greater levels of detail, and sheer volume, threaten to overwhelm the 3D synthetic environments creation pipeline.
As the volume of available data explodes, clients face a stark choice; ignore precious data updates, or streamline processes to manage increased volumes and complexity. Using an efficient and customizable workflow is a critical component in creating realistic, data-rich environments.
To accomplish this, Presagis has developed VELOCITY.
VELOCITY is a software solution that revolutionizes the way organizations manage the production of large virtual environments. By combining best-of-breed tools with next-generation architecture, VELOCITY provides breakthrough performance in geo-localized content management. From 2D to 3D, clients can seamlessly transform diverse GIS data streams into rich, multi-spectral environments, complete with pattern of life, humans, crowds, traffic, interactions, and behaviors.
For use in defense and security applications, VELOCITY is a new technology and methodology aimed at streamlining and integrating massive amounts of GIS data to produce large, realistic 3D virtual environments. Flexible, cross-platform, and cloud-ready, VELOCITY offers a way forward for organizations looking for a centralized asset management approach that scales with evolving requirements. By using widely-available data, classified information, or a blend, Velocity was designed to layer as much or as little data as required.
From geo-specific terrain databases needed for mission rehearsals to procedurally generated geo-typical training terrains that save you time and money, Presagis can help you rapidly build a vast or localized database that fits your budget and schedule.
Whether you are creating a virtual environment to be visible by UAV sensors from 60,000 feet, 10,000 feet on a combat aircraft, from a helicopter at 2,000 feet, or from a human at ground level, the accuracy and representation must be precise, reliable and shareable. Being able to support data with a shareable data format is paramount. For this reason, VELOCITY supports a wide variety of data formats including OGC CDB, OpenFlight, and FBX – which can be exported to many other traditional and non-traditional formats, including game engines, such as Unreal® UE4 and Unity® software.
VELOCITY offers a wide range of solutions ranging from specific simulation-ready databases all the way to enterprise-wide custom production capabilities tailored to your requirements.
How can VELOCITY benefit you?
- Scalable: VELOCITY grows with your production pipeline and can manage larger and larger volumes of data.
- Fast Terrain Generation: Quickly create large-scale, detailed terrains through geo-specific procedural modeling.
- Shareable: Because VELOCITY builds terrains using standardized formats, so databases can be shared for joint operations, or integrated in any simulation framework.
- Cost-Effective: Through workflow automation and massive distributed rendering, VELOCITY will allow you to do more with less as a constant quality level.
- Updatable: Thanks to built-in tracking of sources, VELOCITY will focus on only processing new data and allow you to perform incremental updates rather than reprocessing all of your content every time there is a change.
Low-resolution mega-city image generated using VELOCITY by Presagis. Proceduraly-generated city section of 3km x 3km.