Montreal, Canada – October 31, 2022 – Presagis, a leading provider of Commercial-Off-The Shelf (COTS) modeling, simulation, and user interface development software, today announced the release of new versions of its software:
- Graphical HMI development tool, VAPS XT 5.0
- ARINC 661 development tool, UA Accelerator 5.0
- ARINC 661 Protocol Analysis tool, UA Emulator 5.0
Building on the best HMI development tools available, the new versions combine to provide an easy-to-use yet powerful suite of tools for rapid development of interactive graphical displays for avionics and other graphical applications. While standalone graphical applications can still be created with VAPS XT, Presagis has continued to invest in support for the ARINC 661 Standard, making VAPS XT’s use for widget, CDS and DF creation even easier. With a flexible and extendable graphical design tool, and automatic C++ code generation, designs can be quickly created and modifications implemented in a rapid prototyping and development cycle. To ensure requirements are satisfied, prototypes can be shared with stakeholders for review. Production code can be generated for integration, testing and deployment, and available DO-178C Certification Kits enable engineers to design, prototype, verify and deploy systems that can be certified to DAL A.
Updates to VAPS XT 5.0 continue themes initiated in recent new versions such as:
- Use of video in embedded applications
- Video performance in VAPS XT has been improved.
- Video throughput in challenging low-latency applications has been enhanced.
- Integration of video in FACE-aligned applications has been simplified.
- Editor workflow and usability
- Direct Support for GIT Configuration management repositories.
- Easier editing of common data types within the VAPS XT Editor.
- Embedded systems resource file management is supported for deployed platforms. Extensive use of data driven resources allows systems to be updated without the need for code updates.
- Enhanced binary font management tools to support additional options.
ARINC 661 Tools
With the benefit of twenty years of participation in the ARINC 661 standards committee, Presagis latest tool suite provides full support for users implementing ARINC 661 systems. Tools which have been adopted for use by some of the world’s largest aircraft OEMs and systems vendors for ARINC 661 product development are now available in these latest versions to all users. Supporting all aspects of ARINC 661 development, Presagis tools can:
- Enable the ARINC 661 Cockpit Display System (CDS) developer to create new, or modify existing, ARINC 661 widgets. Optional widget libraries providing different levels of capability may be selected.
- Enable the CDS developer to rapidly deploy on their own embedded hardware platforms an ARINC 661 conformant CDS that is already flying in multiple aircraft platforms.
- Enable the ARINC 661 User Application (UA) developer to code-generate much of the UA software, allowing developers to focus on the core functionality of the UA and avoid much low-level coding to support the ARINC 661 protocol interface.
- Enable the UA developer to generate ARINC 661 conformant Binary Definition Files (DF) usable with any conformant CDS.
- Utilize DO-178C certifiable software and qualified software tools to accelerate development times and reduce deployment risk.
Latest versions of the tools incorporate many new features and capabilities, offering amongst others:
- Improved performance in deployed ARINC 661 CDS and in automatically generated code
- Optimized code produced by the code generator shows performance improvement by up to 20% frame rate or CPU utilization.
- Multi-user support in deployed systems
- Next-generation airborne and ground-based flight decks and flight control systems need to support interaction with multiple personnel. Input by multiple users can now be differentiated; where previously multiple keyboards or cursors could interact, developers can now manage how user input can be managed by identifying users and providing controls.
- Resource file configuration of certifiable systems
- Allowing ARINC 661 CDS to be reconfigured by modification to resource files (treated as Parameter Data Items under DO-178C) the need to re-verify deployed software can be minimized, reducing costs and risk.
Presagis recognizes that Widgets in ARINC 661 need different look and feel depending on the application. As a result, Presagis makes it easy in its tools to modify existing widgets or to create new widgets from scratch. Additionally, Presagis will introduce further widget variants to be made available via an online portal. This will allow users to access more options to support and customize CDS development with reduced time
The new versions of the tools are available on the Presagis Customer Portal for download. Contact Presagis for more information, purchase, upgrade or to try our software.
Visit our website to learn how Presagis can support your HMI development projects.
Presagis is a global leader providing commercial modeling, simulation and user interface development solutions to the aerospace, defense and security, and critical infrastructure markets. Presagis combines an open simulation development framework with expert professional services to help customers streamline development workflows, reduce project risks, and deliver game-quality immersive simulations. Presagis is also at the forefront of avionics software design for certifiable cockpit displays. The company serves hundreds of customers worldwide, including many of the world's most respected organizations such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Airbus, BAE Systems, and CAE.
Director of Marketing and Communications