Software Developer – Generalist
Montréal - De la Savane, QC, Canada (1 position available)
We are looking for a creative and experienced software developer to work as part of our core development team for modeling and simulation products. This new team member will be enthusiastic, creative, and eager to think outside the box when problem solving within our dynamic team environment.
You will have the opportunity to develop in a dynamic, innovative and multidisciplinary environment in an open-plan workspace that encourages collaboration. We also provide break spaces including a cafeteria and games area, as well as flexible hours and the option of occasional telework. You will have the opportunity to travel internationally and meet and work with people from different cultures. Join our team and share your passion with us!
This position involves programming and more specifically high-tech problem solving. You'll need to look at how technology can solve real life business problems to make the organization more efficient and more productive. By developing, testing and implementing solutions, you would be an important contributor for our cutting edge market solutions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyze product feature requirements, workflows and usage from expert users, product owners or customers
- Reviewing current systems
- Presenting ideas for system improvements
- Troubleshoot, test, and analyze technical problems and determine solutions
- Research techniques and algorithms using state-of-the-art knowledge to create cool new features
- Collaborate with product owners and architects to create cutting edge technologies
- Help turn big ideas into cool new features.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent) experience
- Minimum of 2 of professional software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams
- Strong computer science fundamentals in Web, cloud technology, HTML5, Rest API, object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures
- Solid software engineering skills, including the ability to write maintainable and robust code in a popular object oriented language like C++
- Expertise building distributed computing systems and service oriented architectures is an asset
- Autonomy, creativity and a good sense of initiative
- Team-working skills