Presagis is looking a software developer to work in the Embedded Graphics division. With a strong focus on the commercial and military avionics domains, Presagis’ Embedded Graphics business unit develops software tools to help our customers create the graphical displays used in modern glass cockpits. More information can be found here.
This role involves both software design and implementation of standard product features and delivery of custom projects, which may be performed in the Montreal office or onsite at customer facilities around the world, and for which the successful candidate needs to be able to adapt and learn new skills. Whether product or project, the successful candidate could be involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, from customer discussions, use case and requirements development, prototyping, design, coding, debugging, and integration. The combination of both activities allows rapid acquisition of technical knowledge, business acumen, and interpersonal skills making this a desirable role in software development. In your new role, you will have a big impact on an interesting and challenging development program and on our customers.
You will have the opportunity to develop in a dynamic, innovative and multidisciplinary environment in an open-plan workspace that encourages collaboration. We also provide break spaces including a cafeteria and games area, as well as flexible hours and the option of occasional telework. You will have the opportunity to travel internationally and meet and work with people from different cultures.
- Develop software artifacts, as required (i.e.: requirements, design, tests, review comments, etc.)
- Design, develop, document, and integration solutions into larger codebase
- Travel to customer sites may be required (10-15% of the time)
- Bachelor degree in software engineering or computer science
- 1-5 years of experience as a software developerC++ software development experience (required)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio (required)
- Knowledge of embedded Real-Time Operating Systems and hardware, such as VxWorks, Integrity, LynxOS, DEOS, PikeOS, etc. (asset)
- Knowledge of UI design and human factors principles (asset)
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as perl, python, etc (asset)
- Knowledge of OpenGL and/or GPU shader programming (asset)
- Knowledge of DO-178C (asset)
- Knowledge of ARINC 661 (asset)
- Good communication and listening skills (English and French)
- Detail oriented
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to context switch tasks
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, but knows when you should go see your supervisor